Friday, October 26, 2018

The girl with the "good hair"

I've always gotten so many compliments on my hair. I'm not even gonna lie. I am a little obsessed with my hair. I've always been super funny about it. I never got it cut because I'd go in and come out in tears and cry for days because the stylist( could I even call them a stylist for real though?) would cut way more than I wanted or it just wasn't what I showed her a picture of. So, I'm gong to give you my tips that I use.

First and foremost: FIND A STYLIST YOU LOVE. You have to have a great stylist. Don't go to great clips... JUST DON'T DO IT.

Second: THERE IS NO FIXING SPLIT ENDS! You either prevent them or cut them. Don't waste your time or money on pinterest fails.

Third: Wet hair is weak hair. After you wash your hair it's best to use a t shirt or soft material to absorb the excess water. Do not rub your hair in between the towel. it causes friction and static which cause split ends and breakage.

Fourth: DO NOT BRUSH YOUR HAIR WET! Again, your hair is weak when it's wet making it more vulnerable to knots and breakage. While a wide tooth comb is a better option I recommend only running your fingers through your hair while it's wet. That bring me to my secret step.

I use an essential oil blend to massage in my scalp after I wash it. This promotes hair strength and growth. I use the recipe below:


You will feel a little tingle and this is a good sign.

Try to stay away from heat drying as much as possible. I know sometimes we have to dry it and run and I get it. Just remember heat equals damage.

I also use a wooden brush with plastic bristles so they glide through my hair more easily. I got mine at Target.

My hair is VERY processed. VERY! I try to use all natural shampoo and conditioner as much as possible but I do have to use purple shampoo to keep the brassiness out of my blonde. My stylist has started using a more natural color as well. Here are a few older images before I took the plunge and chopped it off when I was pregnant.

And then... I did this...

And this is current... growing it back out with a shadow root.
The best advice I can give you is to find you a stylist that you love and click with. My stylist is more than my stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment